Maitland River Run
Traffic2 June 2019
Sunday 3 June 2018 – 7am -1.30pm
The 9th Maitland River Run is a running/walking based event in The Levee/CBD and river bank area of Maitland. There will be 1000 participants this year from all over the region. The event is planned to promote Maitland, City Centre and Maitland Park and encourage healthy active lifestyles. Your business or residence is located on or near the course. To make the course safe and attractive, there will be some changes to traffic and pedestrian access around the event course. We would appreciate if you could take care to avoid vehicle movements on the following streets during the above times and otherwise keep a look out for runners.
- Lee St – runners on the northern footpath from High St to Athel Dombrain Drive
- Please limit use and or show extreme caution when using driveways 7am – 9.30am only (for new half marathon course, accessing Maitland Park)
- High St - City Centre Mall/The Levee closed to traffic (access by arrangement only)
- High St between Ken Tubman Dr (near St Peters School) and Bourke St - closed
- High St on river (northern) side from St Andrews St to Elgin St - closed
- High St from Church St to Elgin St - closed
- Note: NO right turn into High St from Church St. Traffic can turn left into High St
- Cathedral St closed
- NOTE: Access to parking off St Andrews St is open. No exit via Stilsbury Lane (next to Imperial Hotel)
- Please watch for pedestrians around the CBD
We appreciate your caution when approaching these streets at the above times. If you have any questions call Event Director, Paul Humphreys of H events on 0409684246.